CEEW is a research and policy-focused institution and engages with stakeholders in academia, civil society, government and industry to pursue four main objectives:
1. To conduct high-quality interdisciplinary and cross-issue research on energy, environment and water.
2. To engage with the industry (in the private and public sector) to understand and influence factors affecting investments in sustainable infrastructure.
3. To partner with governments, at the central, state and local levels, to assist in developing integrated plans for energy, environment and water management.
4. To build a network of scholars, policymakers, political leaders, and civil society representatives – within and outside India – for regular debates and exchange of ideas.
CEEW’s work profile covers all levels of governance:
1. At the *global/regional level*, these include climate finance, energy-trade-climate linkages, geoengineering governance, and bilateral collaborations with China, Israel, Pakistan, and the United States;
2. At the *national level*, it covers energy and resource efficiency and security, water resources management, renewable energy policies, India and global governance, and innovation strategies; and
3. At the *state/local level*, CEEW develops integrated energy,environment and water plans, and facilitates industry action to reduce emissions or increase R&D investments in clean technologies.