CEO Dr Arunabha Ghosh's latest paper 'Materials, Markets, Multilateralism - A Strategic Approach to India's Resource Challenges' jointly written with David Steven was recently published in a Brookings book titled 'The New Politics of Strategic Resources: Energy and Food Security Challenges in the 21st Century'.
The paper covers:
- An analysis of India's resource challenges, from the perspective of
- resources for growth
- economic impact of energy (in)security
- fuel, food, and water to meet basic needs, and
- environmental constraints of resource demand
- A discussion on how strategic resources and environmental challenges will shape India's future
- National and global policy environment, which will shape our choices
- Role of international cooperation (multilateralism and other options) to
- improve our understanding of resource-related risks
- provide India a platform to share potential solutions with other countries
- provide a basis for Indian leadership in the G-20
- influence the post-2015 development agenda
- The need to prepare the ground at home to respond to resource challenges.
Read: Materials, Markets, Multilateralism - A Strategic Approach to India's Resource Challenges